If ever there was a test of the strength of the relationship with the person you live with... it’s being faced with all of their actual habits because you’ve been forced into lockdown together.
When everyone first began to work from home there was a constant wail from each household of "How are they so loud? Are they this loud in work usually? I’m so embarrassed. You could hear them from SPACE!!"
This gradually extended to the sound of eating, burping, slamming doors, and in some cases... actual breathing. Yikes! But the romance doesn't have to be dead.
The usual response to the mundanity of day-to-day co-habiting was to book something exciting together. A date night that you could dress up for, or a sneaky night away in a romantic hotel. Hell, even the thoughts of bunking off work for a quick coffee and a hug with your other half did the trick sometimes!
But now what? Can we still keep the romance alive if we don’t have anywhere to go?
Of course we can! Try these six tips on how you can do it.
- Cups of tea are the traditional display of love. Take turns bringing one another a cuppa in bed for the ultimate morning love buzz.
- Run your other half a gorgeous bath. There is nothing nicer than seeing a mini-spa created in your very own home! Bath bubbles, a drink, and heated towels all ready? Yes please! Try Milk Bath for amazing bath treats.
- Take out the trash. Helping each other around the home can often be the single most romantic thing you can do for each other. Showing that you understand and care about the workload involved can literally win you "Ride of the Year" romance award. Fact.
- Light some candles when the kids go to bed. Creating a romantic atmosphere to simply watch TV together won’t go unnoticed (even if we all fall asleep ten minutes into the programme!) Our faves are from The Little Wax Company.
- Don’t forget about sex. Sometimes it can be the very last thing on your mind with a busy house and kids, but a regular and healthy sex life does wonders for everyone’s mood and can literally brighten up your day!
- Date up. We know there’s nowhere to go. We know you probably haven’t worn a pair of heels since March, but there is every reason to make that effort at home for each other. Whether it’s for takeaway or home cooking, wash that hair, stick on a clean top, and pop on some nice tunes to chat (or smooch!) over.