We have compiled some of our favourite girl baby names to help you narrow down naming your pending arrival.
Keeping with a theme or just fancy a name beginning with the letter S?
Today, we have compiled some of our favourite girl names to help you narrow down naming your pending arrival.
If you fancy a different letter of the alphabet keep an eye out on our website because we will be doing them all over the coming weeks including boys.
- Sophie - A Greek baby name derived from Sophia. The name means wise or wisdom.
- Savannah - The name means treeless plain and comes from Spanish origin.
- Stella - The Latin word for star.
- Susan - A popular American name meaning graceful lily.
- Sadie - Is a nickname for the name Sarah which means princess.
- Scarlett - A beautiful name for a red-haired child which was originally an English surname.
- Sienna - The name is derived from a Latin word meaning to be old.
- Sabrina - In Latin this name simply means 'from Cyprus'.
- Skyla - Is a derivation from the Dutch Schuyler meaning scholar or shield.
- Serena - A Latin baby name meaning tranquil.
- Sofia - Can also be spelled Sophia and the name means wisdom or skill.
- Seren - A popular Welsh name meaning star.
- Shauna - A feminine form of Sean meaning gift from God.
- Saoirse - An Irish name meaning freedom.
- Sian - A common Welsh name meaning God is gracious.
- Shelby - Originally a place name the name Shelby means a place where willows grow.
- Sara - A Hebrew name meaning princess. The name Sara can also be spelled, Sarah.
- Shirley - Originally a masculine name, over the years Shirley has become very popular for girls. The name means bright meadow or from the white meadow.
- Suki - A fabulous baby girl name but also extremely popular in Japan. The name means 'to like'.
- Sinéad - An Irish baby name and the female version of John. The Irish Gaelic Irish meaning is God's gracious gift.
- Sydney - An English baby name meaning island in a river or riverside meadow.
- Sonia - Can also be spelled, Sonya. In Greek, the meaning of the name is wisdom or wise.
- Shannon - A popular Irish name meaning wise river. Alternative spellings include Shannen, Shanon and Shannan.
- Sammy - A short form or nickname for Samantha. In Hebrew, it means the name of God.
- Sacha - A Russian name meaning defender of men.
- Shilah - A stunning and unique baby name becoming increasingly popular over the years. The name means brother in Native America.
- Simone - Is the feminine version of Simon. In French, the name means 'heard'.
- Sarah-Jane - A beautiful double-barrelled name.
- Siobhan - A popular Gaelic baby name which is the Irish form of Joan meaning God is gracious.
- Sandy - A unisex Greek baby name meaning defender of men or protector of mankind.
Kellie Kearney is a Dublin mammy of kids aged 2, 3, 4 and 8. A self-confessed procrastinator and picker-upper of things, Kellie's love include coffee, doughnuts, travel and sharing every day true to life moments on Instagram of her expanding family. Follow her on Instagram.