Superheroes come in all shapes and sizes - including your little bundle of joy!
If you are on the prowl for a unique and kick-ass name for your new arrival, here are some baby name superhero suggestions that could be perfect for the newest addition to your family.
These baby names may be cute and powerful, but we can't guarantee that they'll turn into the next Captain Marvel or Superman - their destiny is in their own hands!
- Bran: Bran Stark is one of the main characters from the fantasy TV series Game of Thrones who went on a perilous journey to discover his untapped powers. "Bran" is of Gaelic origin, meaning a "bramble or a thicket of wild gorse".
- Daphne: One of the founding members of The Scooby gang, Daphne Blake has been on our screens for over 50 years. Her name and style sense is timeless, we're sure you'll agree.
- Emmy: The Umbrella Academy is a relatively new franchise on Netflix. Actor Emmy Raver-Lampman, who plays Allison in the series, is a beautiful name that means "hardworking" in French.
- Gordon: Why not travel back to the '80s for your baby name superhero? Based on the 1930's sci-fi serial, Flash Gordon is the hero of the space opera epic, and Gordon could make for a cute name for a little boy or girl.
- Kal: Which superhero is named Kal? Well, technically Clark Kent AKA Superman's real name is Kal-El because he was born on the fictional planet Krypton. It makes for a strong boy's name, which you could change to "Cal" too.
- Kitty: Kitty Pryde was played by Elliot Page in the X-Men movie franchise, gifted with the ability to walk through solid objects. A very handy superpower!
- Molly: With such a vast amount of characters in the Harry Potter franchise, it can be hard to choose just one for your baby name superhero. The matriarch of the Weasley family, "Molly" is of Irish origin, an alternative to "Mary", meaning "star of the sea".
- Parker: Inspired by the wall-crawler Peter Parker AKA Spider-Man, "Parker" is a wonderful unisex name that derives from the Old English of "park keeper".
- Rey: The main character from the latest iteration of Star Wars movies was focused on a woman named Rey with a tantalising origin story. "Rey" is traditionally a boy's name of Spanish origin, meaning "kings".
- Reed: Reed Richards is the leader of the Fantastic Four and has the ability to stretch his body beyond comprehension. This name could ake for a super cute unisex name too.