You can't get much cooler than naming your kid after a rock star, can you? Finding an untraditional and uncommon name is getting more popular as the years go by. Whether you’re a fan of the 60s, 70s, 80s or 90 we've found 18 rock and roll baby names inspired by the rockers themselves.
You can't get much cooler than naming your kid after a rock star, can you? Finding an untraditional and uncommon name is getting more popular as the years go by.
Whether you’re a fan of the 60s, 70s, 80s or 90s
here are 18 rock and roll baby names
inspired by the rockers themselves:
- Freddie - a pet name for Fredrick meaning 'peace'.
- Hendrix - a surname that is taken from the name Henry. Also the surname of US rock guitarist and singer Jimi Hendrix.
- Cooper - is a unisex name and comes from the occupational name for a maker and repairer of wooden barrels, tubs and buckets.
- Jaxx - a Scottish baby name and variation of Jackson. It literally means 'son of Jack'.
- Bowie - from the Gaelic nickname Buidhe meaning 'fair-haired'.
- Elvis - the meaning is officially unknown but was brought to public attention by the singer Elvis Presley.
- Cash - an American baby name meaning 'wealthy man'.
- Axl - also spelt Axel. Axl is from German origin meaning 'father of peace'.
- Floyd - is a variation of Lloyd, originating from the Welsh name Llwyd meaning 'grey-haired'.
- Duff - is from a Scottish and Irish origin. In Scotland it means 'black' and it's 'dark skinned' in Gaelic.
- Jagger - a surname turned first name. Jag means 'to pack or load'.
- Iggy - a short of Latin name Ignatius meaning 'fiery'.
- Kurt - a Turkish name meaning 'wolf'.
- Lenny - a German origin meaning 'brave lion'.
- Elton - originates from the Old English name Ella or Elli and the Old English term 'tun' meaning 'enclosure'.
- Ace - an English name means 'number one' or 'the best'.
- Billy - a nickname for William meaning 'resolute protector'.
- Frankie - of French origin meaning 'free man'.