I’m not ashamed to admit that there are moments where I enjoy being simply me.
But I’m not ashamed to admit that there are moments where I enjoy being simply me. You know, those things that you’ve always enjoyed. Things that are inherently “you” but not necessarily concerned with being a parent.
Here is my “still me” list. What are yours?
- Getting my nails done. It’s just a three week manicure but it makes me feel so... fierce. That feeling has never gone away. I don’t religiously get them done so it’s always a real pick-me-up.
- At any given opportunity I will watch a couple of episodes of Teen Mom. I’d like to say it’s my guilty pleasure but that would involve a bit of guilt. I just love it. I love the original four girls and I genuinely get excited when I hear the theme song.
- Charity Shops. I’ve always loved a bargain but lord did I catch the charity shop bug. I’ve picked up dresses from Zara and Oasis for cheaper than your breakfast roll. It gives me such a thrill. Fun fact – you will either find nothing or about ten items. BUY THEM.
- Chewy Sweets. The likes of refresher bars and those chewy pink and white lolly pops. I cannot get enough of them. I’m on the hunt for a “Roy Rover” and a “Dan Bar”. Anyone else?
- Standing in a newsagent reading magazines for a solid ten minutes. I don’t buy the magazine and I leave knowing everybody’s business. It’s mindless, it’s kinda negative and I bloody love it.
- Ordering too much food from a take-away. Sometimes I just want a bit of everything. I’ll have spent a small fortune and the waste is embarrassing but I do it sometimes and that’s OK.
- Having a bit of a bitch. It might be about a celebrity couple, the bus driver or that teacher from 5th year but sometimes there is nothing like a bit of a waffle to those closest to you. There is no malice, judgement and it’s just a bit of escapism really.