Parenting is expensive, and no parent will ever say that it is cheap.
Parenting is expensive, and no parent will ever say that it is cheap. But as much as it is extremely pricey it also has its benefits and some of them are free!
That seems surreal saying that the best things about parenting are free, but it is true.
Here are some of the things that are free in parenting:
- That first moment of utter bliss - We all know the moment; right? When your new baby is born, and you can’t help but feel utterly euphoric and ecstatic. Though parents are tired after the whole labour thing and I am not just looking at the moms here, as dads must hang around too, all day or night! Anyway, the moment is one you will remember for the rest of your life. Looking at your new baby is amazing, and they are so small, cute and cuddly. The weird thing is that natural and instinctive sense of pure love, incredible is it.
- Proud moments - Even for the little things you will find pride in every single moment of parenting. The first tooth, the first curl and the first word for example but there are so much more. The first day of school, the time your kid makes a friend and the moment your little one shows kindness to another. You will literally burst with pride and it keeps on coming. No matter how talented or bright your child is they will always make you proud in life.
- Happiness - Parenting makes you tired, stressed and anxious but for all the negatives it makes you exceptionally happy. Having the kids will give you a sense of belonging and building a family yourself is the best feeling in the world. You will never be lonely with the youngsters around to such an extent you may never get a minute to yourself, but it is great! However, perhaps not so much when you want to go to the toilet in peace.
- Laughs - There is nothing that can be funnier than the kids and their moments of hilarity. If they aren’t saying the funniest things like mentioning Grandads big nose or wondering why their farts smell they are falling into trouble. By trouble, they are running into things, making funny faces and giving you a reason to smile every single day. Now, the teenager years may be quite different but the dynamics of your relationship changes and becomes a different type of humour. Sometimes you will be crying too but they will be happy tears!
- Family - Quite simply nothing makes a person happier than family life. Though it is hard, family life means always having people to lean on and through the years that should never change. Keeping a good relationship is vital and if you do manage to keep it great it means, in the future there will be plenty of moments of free happiness in the shape of the new generation.
- Cuddles- You know those cuddles that are so loving that you nearly cry. They are a beautiful reminder of love and what you share as a family.
See, it may cost a fortune to raise kids but the things that are free are priceless.
Written by Emma Hayes, Staff Writer, with Family Friendly HQ.