The Best Christmas Gifts For Children With Special Needs
Buying something for a child with special needs can be tricky. And at Christmas, it is important to give a loved one a gift that they’ll genuinely love and remember.
Kids love nothing more than unique gifts and we have compiled this list which we think is a great help:
1. These cute creatures are lovely and make a great stocking filler. If your child loves these, you will find loads of similar gifts on the Sensational Kids website. Available here.
2. Lots of kids complain about getting pains in their hands once they begin to write but not with this cool set. Kids can do some simple hand exercises to prepare them for writing or drawing which may be a game changer. Available here.
3. This gift is perfect for kids who like to hide and feel at peace when getting some alone time. As den options go this isn’t too expensive and once it is up it will last for years and years. Available here.
4. For a kiddie who loves technology, this could be a great gift as it is fun and techy! Fall in love with this cute robot and it will mean hours of entertainment. Available here.
4. This is a wonderful gift and is ideal for group activities with other kids. It can be used inside and outside as well as being adjustable. It is a gift that will last for many years. Available here.
5. This gift is perfect for improving your child’s motor skills and it is great fun too. Available here.
6. Another great option is this fun set of engaging woodland footprints and it is a great way for children to start their woodland explorations. Available here.
Don’t forget to do your homework when shopping for a child with special needs as they are all different. Some kids like light up toys whereas others prefer quieter toys. If you are a parent, you will know your child well enough but for other family members and friends a few tips do help.
Remember to keep a receipt just in case it doesn’t suit the kiddie and don’t feel bad about it either. Christmas is a wonderful time of year and hopefully, with this helpful gift guide, your loved one will be delighted with their gift.
Emma Hayes is a thirty-something mum of two girls aged 16 and 10, planting her right into the teenage and tween-age years! Follow her on Twitter at @EmmaHayes25.