Here's 10 great sayings from the aul fellas in our lives and the cheeky responses our teenage blogger prepared!
- “Ask your Mother”- I already asked Mam and she sent me to you however you are now sending me back to her? Can somebody just answer a simple request for me? I only want to go out!
- “Do you think I’m made of money?”- No, but you do have a few twenty euro notes in your wallet hanging out and sure what is one less score? I really want to go to the cinema with my mates, pretty please?!
- “I’m not sleeping, I’m just resting my eyes”- If resting your eyes means full of snoring, a little dribbling and occasional sleepy ramblings from you, by all means you were resting your eyes!
- “When I was your age”- Ah here leave it out, I have heard it all before how life was so hard and you didn’t have computers or mobile phones. I heard the stories of how a family vacation was a trip to the extended family down the country and you were all squashed into a small room, my heart bleeds for you it really does!
- “Where is the rest of your skirt?”- Followed by “you are not going out in that”- Listen Dad this is the current fashion and everyone that is anyone is wearing these skirts like this. It is not my fault you are fashion backward, sure your idea of trendy is a pair of sandals worn with your silly white socks!
- “Where you born in a barn?”- No and you know full well where I was born unless you are telling me something I don’t know? I just forgot to close the blooming door just like I forgot to wear my jacket this morning.
- “Don’t talk back to your Mother”- I actually wasn’t talking back to her I was merely stating my case, it isn’t my fault she got annoyed and questioned you “are you going to let her talk to me like that?” Anyway you guys are now having a domestic so I am going to take off now.
- “Don’t make me stop this car”- We are on the motor way and you are not going to stop this car no matter how much my siblings and I act up, and we are not going to turn around either. Vague threats as usual but we youngsters have you all figured out sorry!
- “If I said that to my parents I would have got a thick lip”- Another story from the old days when life was so different and hard compared to now.
- “Waste not, want not”- You are the epitome of a sewer with all the food you put into yourself on a daily basis, no one’s dinner is safe from Dad!
Check out her own blog at emmasmadjotters.com