Because priorities change so much once baby arrives
- Ironing. I used to kind of enjoy it on some level. Nowadays it is so far down my list of priorities that I genuinely buy clothes now based on whether or not I can get away with not ironing them.
- Matching socks. I've resigned myself to the fact that if they are both clean then I am winning at life.
- Cooking shows. If the choice is between eating or watching someone else eating I know what I'm going to choose.
- What Kim Kardashian had for breakfast. My obsession with the lives of celebrities has done a total 360. I'd rather read about, watch and connect with normal women who make me feel sane in my imperfections.
- High heels. This is not a “letting yourself go” type of thing. I just think life is too short to spend a much needed night out in pain. In my pre-mother years I could work through the pain and managed to fake it quite well. These days I'm all about the boots, comfort and enjoy every moment of a rare night out.
- If himself leaves the toilet seat up. In fact I nearly encourage it these days. One too many incidents where it slammed in the middle of the night and the noise woke up the baby. (Did I really just write that?)
- Ads on the TV. Ain't nobody got time for that. The fast-forward button is my best friend.
- Carefully selecting my wine. These days I am easily pleased. Wine is wine.
Written by Tracey, mummy blogger and staff writer with www.familyfriendlyhq.ie
Check out her own blog at love-of-living.blogspot.ie