There is no shame in wanting to celebrate all things L-O-V-E
- Have dessert. Simples. Your regular mid-week dinner so no pressure for the cook, but when the kids go to bed snuggle up with the other half over your favourite dessert. The fancy ice-cream you usually can't justify. The one with the Pralines yeah? Ah go on, it's a lot cheaper than a night out.
- Wings and Beer. Steak and Beer. Both easy to throw together and a real mid-week treat. A nice steak dinner or tangy bowl of chicken wings for dinner followed by a nice cold beer with your other half. It'll be a novelty if nothing else.
- Melt some chocolate and dip strawberries in. A cheeky glass of Prosecco and your sweet treat is a lovely gesture for the one you love.
- Get a take-away. You usually can't justify a mid-week curry but if there ever was an excuse to not cook it's today. Throw on something handy for the kids and have a cheeky take-away when they go to sleep. Oh the thrill.
- Buy a new scented candle and a big bar of chocolate. Another food related item. Can you tell what the way to my heart is?
- Point your hubby in the direction of a LUSH bath bomb. You'll be floating on cloud nine after your V-Day bath. Happy wife happy life, eh?
- Leave a cute note in your other half's lunch-box. Imagine how delighted he will be when he finds the note and a few chocolates with it? He'll tell you he was mortified but deep down you KNOW he loves truffles so he was CLEARLY delighted.
- Agree to no present buying and gift each other with your PRESENCE instead. Watch a movie and cuddle up for the evening. Disclaimer – this one involves actually not expecting a present. Nobody needs a V-Day bickering fest.
Check out her own blog at www.loveofliving.ie