An excellent weekend to start talking about this topic!
Focusing on the intimacy in your relationship may not be a priority for quite some time and as always communication is key.
Just for fun – here are 10 truths about sex as a parent.
- A quickie is absolutely not a bad thing. It happened. There’s time for coffee. All is well with the world.
- There may, in some cases, be a high five involved at the, er, end?
- The day you’ve shaved your legs and wore a pretty dress is almost certain to be the day that nothing happens. It will be the day where the kids have a melt-down and the roof gets a leak. That day where your hair is plastered in dry shampoo and you have yesterday’s dinner on your t-shirt? It’s show time.
- When you refer to the bed as being where “the magic happens” you are most likely talking about the joyful moments that your child is sleeping.
- In keeping with above – a bit of creativity and imagination may be required when it comes to setting the scene. The utility room has never felt the same since....
- You’ve gone from hoping that every single “time” resulted in a pregnancy to being absolutely TERRIFIED that any time will result in a pregnancy.
- Nap-time is a golden opportunity to fold clothes, cook dinner or..... not do those things. Sometimes a frozen pizza for dinner is worth it!
- Sometimes it’s the only thing that will dispel the stress or crankiness that may be floating about the house. Turns out you just needed a... bit of love making.
- You’ll notice an incredible ability to ignore all nappies (possible dirty) toys and parenting paraphernalia on “location”.
- Believe it or not, for many, it’s now better. Less frequent but BETTER.