Pre baby you used to get your kicks from holidays,shopping and concerts. post baby it's all different
- Aldi Super Six. Myself and my partner genuinely spend a good chunk of our time discussing this week’s offers. Who knew that spatchcock chicken could be so exciting?
- When my leap card works. Getting out of the house with a pram, baby, bag and various food and toy items is a tricky affair. I somehow never remember that I actually have to pay for public transport. That moment it joyously beeps makes me very very happy. Not to mention relieved. Baby brain is still in full swing right here.
- Eating with two hands. Anywhere. Anything. It is divine.
- The function to record TV shows. I’ve been known to watch One Born Every Minute at 7am.
- The click of the kettle when it has finished boiling. Caffeine is on the way. Always a good thing.
- The simple act of ordering and eating a take away. No cooking, no cleaning, tasty food. That is three of my favourite things right there. Roll on Friday!
- The shower. It might only last five minutes, you may have an audience, but it is glorious.
- The weather. Who knew it would have such a bearing on my life these days. Toddler tantrums, sulky moods, even sickness – all helped by a simple trip to the park. Fresh air has a lot to answer for.
- The internet. Facebook, Snapchat, Twitter and Youtube. Uniting all parents in the madness without even leaving the house. Knowing another person’s baby also does not sleep gives you a bit of a spring in your step.
- When the other half comes home from work. Another pair of hands to lighten the load.
Check out her own blog at love-of-living.blogspot.ie