Quarantine's not all phonics and freshly baked banana bread, you know.
It's safe to say that we're all starting to get used to this new life of staying at home. That's not to say everyone will have the same experience - but we're getting used to it all the same.
We scroll through Instagram and see freshly baked cookies, smiling families and a kitchen-come-classroom with clean, polite kids at the table doing their homework. Comparison is the thief of joy and that couldn't be more true when it comes to this new life of parenting/teaching/working from home.
If you don't exactly slot into the picture-perfect quarantine life seen on your social media feed, the following tweets from parents might be a little bit more relatable to you.
Here are our favourite tweets from parents (who are close to losing it) in quarantine:
- This mum is burning up with the pressure.
2. Sausages are a type of fruit, right?
3. This Game of Thrones-style bravery right here.
4. Ham and jelly beans - the key to a balanced diet.
5. The smell of freshly baked bread will haunt us all forever.
6. So, the Mathletics is paying off, then?
7. Oh, you thought parenting was hard before a global pandemic? How 2019 of you.
8. Ah, those first few weeks of 2020. Good times.
9. I mean, at this stage, giving a medical exam to chicken nuggets doesn't seem that crazy.
10. If you can't beat em, join em.
Can you relate to any of these?
If you're looking for some fun, low-pressure ways to keep your family entertained at home, check out our #FamilyFun30 challenge on our Instagram. Each day, we share a small activity that will help you and your family to have some mindful family moments.