If these sunny days are making you miss girlie brunches and sneaky brekkie dates with your other half while the kids are in school... fear not!
While the hospitality sector is still in limbo as to when or whether they can reopen in any capacity this summer, some very creative lads and lassies have taken matters into their own hands.
Behold - the food truck! Touted as the next best thing since the 2020 Lockdown podcast, food trucks are literally popping up everywhere. From coffee, to gelato, meat to plant-based burgers... you can satisfy almost all of your food cravings at a food truck near you. Here are 10 of our absolute favourites.
1. Bainne Gelato. The latest offering in the car park of Round O Bar, Navan. Serving ice cream, affogato and cookie sandwiches from 10-4 on Saturdays and Sundays. Yummy!
2. Shake Dublin. They've got ice cream, they've got bubble waffles, crepes and of course, milkshakes. Check them out Wednesday to Sunday at Airside Retail Park, Swords 10-6pm.
3. The Salty Buoy. If you love fresh lobster rolls, scallops and hake then try to get to Niall Sabongis blue Citroen truck before they sell out. They can be found at various locations - The Digital Hub in Dublin 8, The Dart Station in Greystones, and D-Six Wines in Harold's Cross.
4. Griolladh. The home of this famous grilled cheese can be found on the Coast Road in Malahide and the guys also use Deliveroo to spread their toastie joy across the homes of Dublin City. While you're there, don't forget to nab a cheesecake cookie sambo - they are amazing!
5. Julia's Lobster Truck. It's fish 'n chips but not as you know it. Highly praised and often sold out, Julia and her truck can be found at various locations in Co. Clare, serving freshly barbequed lobster, steamed mussels and more.
6. Fry Guys. Shanagarry in East Cork is home to the fab Fry Guys. Mostly known for their pizzas, burgers and hot dogs, their meal deals are also to die for. Monkfish and prawn curry anyone? Yes, please!
7. La Cocina Cuevas. Can it be Taco Tuesday every day?! La Cocina Cuevas in The Naul and now Rathgar, think so! Serving the most amazing tacos, burritos, wraps and fritas - a trip out to see these guys is one worth taking!
8. Johnny's Ranch. This award-winning food truck in Ramelton, Co. Donegal brings mouth-watering steak burgers, beef stroganoff and freshly battered haddock with mushy peas to all who visit them. When can we leave our county?!
9. The Saucy Cow. If it's plant-based yumminess you're after, check out how amazing The Saucy Cow is, at Eatyard in Drumcondra, Dublin Wednesday to Sunday weekly. There you'll find unreal vegan-friendly burgers, toasties and loaded fries. Owner Roisin has tonnes of her own recipe sauces at heart so expect everything to be bursting with amazing flavour.
10. Oui Poutine! Having spent some time in Canada, I can't tell you how happy I am to know that there is some authentic poutine available to eat in Ireland! Poutine, in case you didn't know, is fries topped with cheese curd and gravy and is sooo tasty! Oui Poutine is located at Belfast's Donegal Quay and is officially top of my new "Must Try" foodie list!
Enjoy your food trucks this summer and don't forget to adhere to social distance guidelines and stay safe.