Because every cloud has a silver lining
- It's not even 9am and you've already done a load of laundry, prepped dinner and vacuumed all the bedrooms. Feeling productive at this hour does wonders for your mental health.
- You are the first in line for soft-play, the playground or that early morning swim.
- You don't want to admit it but the garden, your street and the world in general looks pretty beautiful at this hour. You even took an Instagram photo to prove it.
- Less people awake and looking for Pokemons (sorry, not sorry).
- You can finally get revenge against the neighbours whose late-night parties kept you awake all those nights. That's right son, play with your toy drums but LOUDER this time.
- Coffee tastes better when you are desperate for it. Nothing like that first sip of coffee. The world gets brighter and you get a little swing in your step.
- You can afford to be a little bit fancy with breakfast. It's perfectly acceptable to spend the time making pancakes or French toast when you have the whole day ahead of you. There is a lot to be said for not having to rush anywhere.
- The early morning snuggles. They might be awake but they are in that sleepy lazy cuddly mood that you rarely see at other times. This could be your precious chance to snuggle up with your baby when the other kids sleep. Or better yet, a group snuggleathon with all of the kids. Nothing like it.
- You are less likely to be late for those early appointments. PHN, NCT or Opticians – you're five minutes early because you had time to get your s*** together beforehand. Let the smugness ensue.
- You never have to set an alarm. Aren't children so considerate?
Check out her own blog at www.loveofliving.blogspot.ie