If you're thinking if it might be time to take the next step
There are times in most couples relationships that they will decide the time is ready to have a baby. It’s a big decision to make and you want everything to be perfect and have everything planned to a tee but life is never plain sailing and often it surprises us. If you and your partner are considering starting a family here are a few signs that you are both ready, but don’t fret if you don’t tick all the boxes most of us don’t!
- You are both committed to each other- Are you both happy together? Are you content and planning for the future? Making sure your relationship is healthy before you have a baby is vital. Remember that the Father/Mother of your child will be in your life forever more, no matter what happens in your relationship so its is always easier if you get along with one another.
- Have had fun travelling- You have both have travelled around the globe, had wild nights out and have being selfish at times doing what you want when you want. Now is the time you want to put roots down, sure, you loved your younger days but now it is time for a new exciting chapter.
- You both have similar ideas of parenting-Have a chat and ensure you both are on the same page parenting wise, do you have the same thoughts on education, religion and discipline. These issues are very important to a child and ensuring you and you partner are agreeable is a positive start.
- You both love kids and feel at ease around them- Together you work well babysitting your nieces and nephews and are happy to take them to give their parents a break.
- Have a home and are financially stable- Babies cost money. If funds are tight it shouldn’t put you off having a child however if you are comfortable it makes life a lot easier. Having the option for one of you to work less hours is also great benefit when you start your family.
- You both feel ready and feel it is time- They say when you know, you know and there is a lot to be said about trusting your gut instinct. Next up is taking the plunge and deciding that you are actively trying for a baby and in good time you will be blessed with your little tot.
Best of luck to you both X