Giving birth to your baby is one of the most life-altering experiences you will ever go through. It is where you finally see the finish line and get to meet your beautiful child. It is also very scary. We don’t have to look too far on the internet to find horror stories of how and when things can go wrong and unfortunately our family and friends tend to remind us regularly also.
Giving birth to your baby is one of the most life-altering experiences you will ever go through.
It is where you finally see the finish line and get to meet your beautiful child. It is also very scary. We don’t have to look too far on the internet to find horror stories
of how and when things can go wrong and unfortunately our family and friends tend to remind us regularly also.
Having a positive frame of mind before you give birth will make a huge difference. It will lessen the anxiety and put you in a calmer head space which can really affect the way we respond to pain and stress.
Here are 10 Positive things you really need to know about giving birth:
- If you feel calm and content you are likely to experience less pain. When your body and mind are relaxed you will experience less tension which worsens pain and discomfort. You have every reason to feel confident that everything will be OK. Feeling happy releases natural endorphins which many people consider to be the body’s natural morphine.
Giving birth will be one of the most empowering things you ever do. Your body has conceived and grown your baby. It will now help you meet them. Knowing that your body has been capable of such an extraordinary thing is mind-blowing. Regardless of the kind of birth, you have nothing is like the rush of accomplishment and pride you feel when you meet your baby for the first time.
- You will fall in love with your other half all over again. Going through this experience together is so special. You will never forget their support as they stood by your side. They will look at you in awe as you have given them their baby and there is no better gift in life.
- You can have access to your home comforts until you feel ready to go into the hospital. Give yourself permission to do that. You will feel more relaxed and secure when you are surrounded by people and things that represent home for you. This will help you approach childbirth in a more relaxed way. Use gravity when you are at home – walk around, take a shower and eat something delicious. You’ve got this!
- The tea and toast you are given after the labour is the tastiest morsel of food that will ever touch your lips. I am literally so excited for you.
- Giving birth shows you how to stay in the moment. This may be something that you are not accustomed to. When you are in labour, meeting your baby and enjoying those first couple of days together you will be completely and utterly in the moment. Nothing else will matter.
- While in the hospital you will be handed your meals and offered help from so many different people. Having this support and time to adjust to life as a new mum is really special. You will also be surrounded by other mothers experiencing the very same thing. This can be very reassuring.
- You are about to meet your baby. The baby you have possibly dreamt about for years. Remember the day you saw the line on that stick? That baby is about to be in your arms and there is no greater feeling in the world.