Giving Birth Is Painful... For These Reasons Too.
There just happens to be several reasons why giving birth is painful in lots of other ways though. Aside from the obvious physical discomfort – here are some of the things that make giving birth a bit of a pain.
1. The price of the parking. Come on like, we are birthing a HUMAN HERE. Parking companies are not so sympathetic though I'm afraid. Storing lots of loose change in your hospital bag is a very good idea because your birthing partner is likely to spend many many hours in the hospital. So maybe go as fast as you can, yeah? (imagine!)
2. Other babies. Hear me out. Other babies are beautiful beyond words. The fact that a woman beside you or across from you has just given birth is incredible. However – when you've been up all night cluster feeding and manage to bag yourself forty winks it is slightly inconvenient to be woken by the cry of another baby who you think is your own. So inconsiderate these newborns. are...
3. The most important photo of your life is taken while you are red-faced, puffy and sweaty. Like who actually cares – but still!
4. If you are (like me) a complete and utter control freak it is completely bizarre to have no idea about when the most important moment of your life will occur. You can do all the planning in the world but really you just never know and that can sometimes be a bit of a pain.
5. Hospital staff will ask you questions while you are in labour. OK so this one is a bit OTT but this is literally the one time in your life that you do not feel up to conversation but you'll be required to answer many questions. I wanted to drop kick the lady who asked me for my hospital number at reception. I gave her daggers and pointed to my boyfriend who did the talking.
Check out her own blog at www.loveofliving.blogspot.ie