Was anyone wise enough to already have done any of these?
1. Get through as many of the ‘100 books to read before you die’ as possible.
We might have time for occasional flicks on social media but it’s rare we get an opportunity to get into a good book.
2. See as many of the sites of World Heritage as possible.
The Giants Causeway is only on our doorstep!
3. Buy a totally impractical two seater convertible and drive around for hours with the roof down.
We now need as many seats and as much room in the boot as possible!
4. Live it up in Las Vegas.
Our holidays now involve caravans and kids clubs.
5. Enjoy showing off your legs in skinny jeans and wearing white!
Once you have children half your wardrobe will become redundant and will end up in black bags for the charity shop.
6. Spend every weekend dancing all night and sleeping all day.
Nowadays if you dance it’s to ‘Heads, Shoulders Knees and Toes’ and you’re lucky if you get any sleep at night let alone in the day.
7. Scream whilst watching your favourite boy bands in concert (thankfully I saw Take That several times pre-baby and yes there was screaming…)
If you scream whilst bringing your daughter to ‘One Direction’ she will disown you.
8. Watch every series of your favourite show back to back.
Before children you’ll fly through 10 series in a couple of weeks, after kids it’ll take a couple of years.
9. Learn how to cook gourmet.
It’s so much easier to master your favourite recipes without being grabbed or screamed at.
10. Perfect your best Britney impression and become a karaoke queen!
It’ll put you in great stead for hours of Twinkle Twinkle…
Check out her blog www.mummyvstheworld.com