He is her first hero. Every man she meets in the future will be measured against her dad
Here are the reasons that daughters love their dads (although mums are great for all these reasons too!)
- He’ll love it if she’s a tomboy who excels at sports (but he’ll clap just as hard if she’s a brilliant ballerina).
- While she worships One Direction, her dad is her biggest hero (even if he can’t sing a note).
- He’s the role model for what she will look for in a husband and treats her mum like a princess.
- He gives the best hugs that make her feel loved and protected.
- His funny voices make her sides ache and in her eyes he is a comedy genius.
- Although he teaches her to know right from wrong he’ll always forgive her mistakes.
- When she’s going through the awkward teenage years he’ll help her feel like nothing’s changed.
- He’ll instil a competitive streak in her but make sure that she’s always gracious in defeat.
- No matter how busy he is he will always make time for her.
- She’ll love learning new skills from him; from cooking to riding a bike.
- He’ll make her feel beautiful and confident and ready to take on whatever challenges life throws at her.
- The bedtime stories he makes up beat J.K Rowling’s hands down.