Do any of these sound familiar?
Promises parents make that they don’t remotely intend on keeping
These sentences can sometimes slip out of our mouths, but as parents... do we ever intend on doing them? And do our children even take any note when we use them anyway?
- I’ll think about it.
- I’ll turn this car around.
- If you don’t like what I made for dinner you can go to bed hungry.
- I’m going to do yoga today (mostly applies to the mums).
- …Right after I clean the bathroom.
- You can’t have this now, but let’s put it on your birthday list for next year.
- I’m going to count to three…
- I’m taking that iPad/Tablet away forever.
- I’ll be with you in just a minute.
- I’ll treat you like an adult when you start acting like one.
- If you don’t clean your room, all this stuff is going in the bin.
- I’m not going to ask you again!