In 2017 Christmas is a BUSY affair. As a parent there is so much to think about, plan for and let's be honest... keep up with.
It can feel like a pressure to tick all the boxes so that our children experience all that their peers and friends experience too. It's brilliant and we love it but we would be lying if we said we weren't completely exhausted (and broke) by it all...
Here's just 5 of what we have to contend with...
- OK so we all love the Toy Show. But if it wasn't enough to spend half a weeks wages on goodies for the night and listen to ANOTHER change in the Christmas list, we now have to contend with bloody Pyjamas. If your Pyjamas don't reference the Toy Show did you even watch it like? I went a size up last year so they would do my child for both years. Sorry not sorry.
- That Elf and his damn shelf. He's swimming in shaving foam, dousing the kitchen in flour and getting you out of bed in the middle of the night when you realize that you forgot to put him in an exciting and social-media worthy situation. He's exhausting.
- The trains. Why are there so many trains? They bring you to see Santa and they cost an arm and a leg but everyone has a ticket so you should too. You've driven half way across the country to visit Santa because this place does it with a train. Like, what is life?
- Santa's got NOTIONS when it comes to the snacks he wants. Gone are the days where the end of a can of Guinness and a mouldy carrot did the job. Santa wants a Protein shake and a gluten free energy ball this year. Would you be able?
- The advent calender struggle is REAL. They used to get a thrill out of a little chocolate every day. This year the toddlers want a gingerbread house that you have to build yourself and the teenager wants a Yankee Candle one. What are you rearing?