This is a letter to my firstborn to apologize. I didn't have a clue!
The job of a first born parent is so hard because at the start you really haven’t the faintest idea what you are up to!
- Sorry I didn’t feed you enough and you lost weight in your first few weeks.
- Sorry for thinking that if I kept you awake all day that you would sleep through the night for me!
- Sorry that the time you took your first steps that I clapped so loud and shouted with joy so much that I frightened the life out of you and you fell flat on your bum and cried!
- Sorry for constantly picking you up – even when you were exhausted- so that I could cuddle you, instead of letting you sleep (you were just so cute!)
- I’m sorry I fed you all that bland baby food – even if it was homemade.
- Sorry for not listening to myself and having more self-confidence rather than listening to everyone’s advice.
- I'm sorry for being a bit crazy and asking you at such a young age – “What! What is it you want?!”
- I’m sorry that I yelled. I cursed. I cried. Or I left you crying out thinking it was for your own good. It seemed so important at the time.
- I’m sorry for dragging you to every stupid baby activity I could find. If the truth be told, I was desperate for adult interaction and you were an easy excuse.
- Sorry that you were my guinea pig, but you’ve helped make me the mother that I am today and I hope I am doing an okay job now?
- Sorry for all the sorry’ s. I feel like I owe them to you. That’s a lot for one kid, and I know that.
You gave me the greatest gift possible. You made me a mum. In the most intense way possible!
You are my first born. I love you and you will always be my baby.
Love mum x