Wondering if it’s time for you to get out of the house? You KNOW you need a night out when…
We wouldn't trade our children for anything or anyone, that’s a given, but every once in a while we need a night out and away from baby food, baths, nappies, washing football gear and bedtime stories. Parent guilt can get the better of us and we find excuses why we need to stay in for another night and while we shouldn't have to justify a night on the town, here are 20 signs you must arrange an adult night out
- The last adult conversation you had revolved around poop.
- You’ve been watching Nickelodeon for over an hour and there are no children in the room.
- The wheelie bins goes out more than you do.
- You don’t what day of the week it is. It’s either a school day or not. That’s it.
- The postman leaves your packages out by the gate, because ringing your doorbell has resulted in a 45 minute conversation the last two times he’s delivered to you.
- You are marking the return of TV show series premieres on your calendar, because that’s the highlight of your social life.
- Fixing your hair or wearing anything other than jeans has your kids or partner asking “What’s the occasion?”
- It’s Saturday night and you’re in your pajamas by 6PM.
- A colleague or neighbour has something on their face, and you’ve licked your finger and started to wipe it off.
- You wake up in the morning counting down the hours until bedtime.
- A dental cleaning seems like a trip to the spa
- The only way you get "me time" is by locking yourself in the bathroom
- The last time you dressed up it involved a tiara and a princess dress or a sword and a Turtles mask
- You can’t remember the last time you sat down and finished an entire meal
- You child’s social calendars are more packed than yours
- You’re only ever called by your given name of Mum, Mammy or Ma!
- Everything you know about your pals is via social media
- ‘Let it Go’ is the only current song you know a full verse of
- Your last night out resulted in the conception of your youngest child.
- And most of all – because you’re worth it!!