20 ways to ask your kids ‘So how was today?’ without asking them ‘So how was today?’
"Good, Fine, OK, Great."
These are usually the answers we get when we ask our kids "How was your day honey?"
So we thought we'd ask around our FFHQ family for some alternative questions to ask your kids to get those conversations flowing and we've come up with other ways to ask your kids ‘So how was today?’ without asking them ‘So how was today?’
Here are some of the favourite conversation starters with our kids that the FFHQ writers have come up with. They aren’t perfect, but you will at least get complete sentences, and some might lead to some interesting conversations... and hilarious answers... and some insights into how your kids think and feel about school.
- What made you feel happy today?
- Did anyone do anything silly to make you laugh?
- Did anyone cry?
- What game did you play at lunch today?
- What was the best thing that happened today?
- Did you help anyone today?
- Who did you sit with at lunch?
- Did you learn something new today?
- What was your least favorite part of the day?
- Was anyone in your class out today?
- Tell me something you know today that you didn’t know yesterday.
- Did you like your lunch?
- Did anyone get in trouble today?
- What questions did you ask at school today?
- What are you looking forward to tomorrow?
- What are you reading in school?
- What was the hardest rule to follow today?
- If you could change one thing about your day, what would it be?
- Did you learn any new words today?
- If you could switch seats with anyone in class, who would it be? How come?