Ah, the Irish Mammy. A unique and special lady, there are a few things you'll definitely hear her say at least once a day!
Ah, the Irish Mammy.
A wonderful and unique lady, who will ask if it's OK to open your post and constantly tell you to put a jumper on - even if you moved out 10 years ago.
In fact, there are a few things an Irish mammy is guaranteed to say at least once a day!
- Don’t go out there without your coat on, you’ll catch your death
- There’s a parcel here for you - will I open it for you?
- Close the door - were you born in a barn?
- Did you brush your teeth? Are you sure?
- Your hair is like a bird’s nest
- What time do you call this?
- If you sit that close to the TV your eyes will go square
- Do you think I’m made of money?
- Close your mouth while you’re eating
- Because I said so
- I can see what you’re doing - I have eyes on the back of my head
- If you don’t eat your dinner don’t think I’m making something else for you later
- While you're living under my roof you’ll do what I say
- I didn’t ask you who put it there, I asked you to pick it up
- Don’t go to bed with wet hair - it will turn white
- You have until the count of five… one, two...
- Tuck in your T-shirt or you’ll get a kidney infection
- Did you turn off the immersion?
- Don’t wear your hat inside - you’ll go bald
So, be honest, how many of these have you said since becoming a mum?!