They educate us, spoil us, feed us and give the best hugs in the world
Grandmas are great! Here are the things that we love/loved about ours and why we want our kids to have that special bond too!
- Honesty is the best policy – if we have a moral dilemma our Granny will always make us see sense
- Phone calls are becoming less and less common but nothing beats chatting to your Grandma
- Waste not want not – she’ll always remind us to be careful with what we have; especially our hard earned cash
- Her favourite recipes are our favourite recipes! My Grandma made the most delicious Mars Bar squares and homemade marmalade
- She’ll put things into perspective; if we’re feeling down in the dumps about something trivial she’ll remind you of the hard times she went through
- She’ll always have your back - if you need someone to fight your corner then she’ll defend you until the end!
- If you’re all dressed up for a night out then give her a twirl and she’ll make you feel like a million dollars
- No one can crease you up like your Grandma can with her wicked sense of humour
- Her house is full of framed photos and you’ll love looking back at all the weddings, christenings and other family occasions that were before your time
- She’ll be genuinely interested in what you have to say without getting distracted by phones, tablets or the TV
- She’ll tell you to focus on what you’ve got, not what you haven’t got. It’s so easy to get carried away in these materialistic times and not appreciate everything good in your life
- Her beauty tips are the ones that work – and they don’t cost a fortune
- If you feel like you’ve had a hectic day just listen what she had to do on a daily basis
- We are entranced watching her apply her make up, spritz on her perfume and fix her hair and have always wanted to replicate her understated glamour.
- And of course our favourite is that her hugs and kisses melt away all our worries