It is difficult job raising kids in the world today. There are so many things that we want to teach them while they are growing up.
As you grow older and life becomes more complicated, always keep in mind these important pieces of advice.
- Travel the world, experience new places, food & people. It will make you a more interesting person yourself.
- Chose a partner that makes you smile and makes you feel good about yourself.
- Exercise every week. You may be young and fit right now but that won’t always be the way. By doing regular exercise you will help your body and your state of mind.
- Don’t try to be popular, just be yourself and people who matter to you will love you for it.
- Have your own money and never depend on anyone else financially. This will give you independence, freedom and a sense of worth.
- Do something for someone else every day. Even if it is just to open a door or make a cup of tea.
- Don’t be a people pleaser. Learn to say no now and again. You won’t lose friends because of it, and if you do, they weren’t real friends.
- Be passionate about what you do. We can sometimes find ourselves in jobs that we don’t want. If that happens, get out and change. Be happy going to work every day. It’s where you will spend most of your life so you might as well enjoy it.
- Go on holidays with your family at least once a year.
- Admit your mistakes. Everyone makes them, admit it and learn from them. No one is perfect.
- Be a good friend. There are times in life when you will need a good friend and also when you will need to be a good friend. If you are there for others, they will in turn be there for you.
- Laugh every day and surround yourself with people who make you laugh. It’s good for the soul.
- Accept criticism. You won’t want to hear it and might find it hard. But it helps us to learn, grow and move on.
- Help others, sit with the new boy in class, help your new colleague in work. It might only be a small thing but they will always remember you for it.
- Always remember, people are more important than things.