While being the eldest definitely has its perks, there is also some negatives!
Are you an older sister? If so you should be able to identify with our 12 signs:
- Your wardrobe is constantly being raided
- You watched cartoons and played hide and seek until you were far too old – but secretly enjoyed them
- You ALWAYS got the front seat of the car
- You always looked out for your younger siblings - no one was allowed to touch them.
- You were a baby sitter from the age of 12..and a very willing taxi driver from 18.
- You don't understand what a hand me down is.
- There are endless amounts of photos of you as a young child at home. You're even convinced that some of your younger ‘sisters’ are of you also!
- As you were the first to do everything you got away with nothing. By the time it got to the youngest, your parents gave up dishing out punishment.
- You thought your younger siblings everything they know.
- Your siblings are known as ‘your’ sister or brother in school.
- You’re the first to get a call when something goes wrong.
- You can say anything to younger siblings but no-one else is allowed to.