Many parents have posted warnings online after their children were injured while playing with the LOL Surprise! Glamper toy.
LOL Dolls are one of the most popular toys on the market at the moment. For parents, it will come as no surprise to know that many children will have received the highly sought after LOL Surprise! Glamper for Christmas this year. However, it may not be as safe as parents might have thought.
In a post on Emily Lee, A Mummy Too blog, Emily wrote "If your kid got a LOL Doll Glamper Van, cover up the catch release on the bottom. So many pics of injured kids!!!"
Along with her post, she attached screenshots of horror stories by parents whose children got their fingers caught in the van.
One parent shared a photo of the severe cut her child received on her finger after she got it stuck in the release at the front of the van, which many parents have said could be easily confused for a button.
She was not alone, however. Thousands of parents responded by sharing their own children's bad experiences with the toy on Christmas morning - with one mum revealing that she had to call the fire brigade to get her child's finger removed from the toy.
At the time of writing, this post on Emily Lee, A Mummy Too blog has been 24k times with 13k comments on the post, most of which were written by parents sharing more frightening stories of their children's fingers getting stuck on Christmas Day.
LOL Surprise has responded by issuing a safety notice on their Facebook page, saying "We are deeply saddened to see the images and comments on the LOL Surprise! Glamper. We have heard you and are issuing a product safety notice. If you have any concerns please go to our website https://bit.ly/2EVyYVxand customer service will promptly assist you. Our fans and customers are our number one priority!"
Did your child receive a LOL Surprise! Glamper for Christmas?