These Are The Easiest Indoor Plants To Care For
Indoor plants are a lovely way to add colour and life to your home but not everyone wants the responsibility of caring for them!
And while plants do need some TLC, there are a few that are a lot easier to care for.
Below we have listed seven plants that require very little maintenance, giving you the best of both worlds!
1. Aloe Vera is well known for its healing properties, but did you know you can grow your own one at home? It is a somewhat resilient plant and it needs to be put in a warm place with lots of light. You should leave the soil to nearly dry out before watering it again – usually once a month.
2. Jasmine is a plant that can survive well in a house (if it has plenty of sunlight) and it is pretty. There is a huge amount of health benefits too with some research showing they help people get a good night’s sleep and are calming. The best way to look after your jasmine plant is to keep it in the light, don’t over water and keep the soil moist.
3. Yucca is a striking plant and it is a lovely addition to homes. It is a desert plant and can live happily inside once it has plenty of light. Most importantly, these robust plants don’t need much watering, so it is ideal for those who forget to water the plants! Usually, they need to be watered every 3-4 weeks!
4. Lavender is a plant that can be a perfect fit to your home. Lavender is well-known for its beauty and unique fragrance/scent. Luckily, lavender is easy to care for by giving it warmth and sunlight as well as drops of water.
5. Asparagus Fern is a stunning plant that is known for its resilient nature. It grows easily enough without too much attention except keeping the soil moist. However, it does take more attention than other indoor plants so if you are feeling ambitious pick this one but maybe when you have proven yourself with other plants first!
6. Peace Liliesare a beautiful sight and they are genuinely elegant. As they grow quite tall, they do need some space considerations but other than that they are quite easy to care for.
Therefore, they are one of the most popular indoor plants for their resilience. They should be kept in well-lit areas and keep their soil moist. This is a plant that is poisonous so it may not be ideal around young children or pets.
7. Cacti are adaptable and strong. They require very little in terms of care and they look cool too. According to Feng Shui keeping cactus in houses is lucky. They do need some light, but it depends on what type you buy.
Check with your local gardening centre to find out more and check the labels before you invest. Ensure you test yourself first before investing in lots of plants! Good luck.
Emma Hayes is a thirty-something mum of two girls aged 16 and 10, planting her right into the teenage and tween-age years! Follow her on Twitter at @EmmaHayes25.