We love Slimming World for so many reasons. The whole family are eating better and everyone’s approach to food has grown to be a lot healthier for one. We also love that the plan allows for eating out, a takeaway and a bit of chocolate in the evenings.
We love Slimming World for so many reasons.
The whole family are eating better and everyone’s approach to food has grown to be a lot healthier for one. We also love that the plan allows for eating out, a takeaway
and a bit of chocolate in the evenings. It’s liveable and we love that. I have personally lost five stone following the Slimming World
plan and I’ve picked up a few tips and tricks along the way that have really helped me. I hope that they will help you too.
- Weigh out your healthy extras in one go to save you the time and hassle during the week when your motivation and time is an issue. It takes five minutes on a Sunday to weigh out little bags of 40g worth of porridge or 30g of Cheddar Cheese. It really makes life easier. You can throw your cheese in a salad or save it to grate over your pasta that night knowing that it’s weighed, measured and not going to get in between you and your goal for the week.
- Take advantage of Nandos for date nights and meeting friends for grub. Nandos is a brilliant option for a delicious meal out and about that won’t cost you a million syns. I usually get the butterfly chicken, spicy rice and salad. If I add the table sauces I know they are only half a syn per tablespoon so with a plate drowning in sauce and a large diet coke I know I’m still never using more than ten syns. Everyone loves Nandos so it’s a win-win for all.
- Pick up the 12-week countdown offers at group. It can be hard to justify forking out €90 in one go but it’s the most obvious money-saving offer ever. You pay upfront for ten weeks, get two weeks free and often there is a free cookbook too. If you know that you need to get to group every single week it is a great way to make that commitment. You also don’t have to worry about taking money to group every single week – it’s really handy.
- Only buy speed fruits and vegetables. Take a highlighter and make a note in your book of which speed foods you like and then pick up only those fruits and vegetables when you do your weekly shop. That way you’ll know that the fruit and vegetables you include in your meals all count towards your one third speed food.
- Join Instagram and follow slimming world accounts for daily meal inspiration. It really is the most incredible source of information and ideas. Thousands of people have set up accounts purely to document their weight loss journey. Their food snaps and tips really help. Follow the #slimmingworld hashtag to find them!
- Remember that a “bad” meal is not a “bad” day and an off plan day is not an off plan week. The majority of weight gains don’t come from the unexpected large bar of chocolate or the slice of toast you had after a night out. It’s from everything you ate after it as a result of the guilt and the “sure I’ve ruined it now” attitude. There are twenty-one meals in a week. You’ve got this!
- ENJOY your syns as that is what they are there for. Don’t waste them on mindless picking and surprises when you check an item after you’ve eaten it to discover that it used up that whole day’s syns. Syns play an important role in the plan because they ensure we don’t feel deprived. They allow for treats and little extras that make this plan liveable long-term. Enjoy them from day one and use them wisely!
- Stay to group every week. The temptation will always be there to weigh and leave but what are you leaving with? You’re worth more than just the knowledge of a number on the scales. Group is where you will pick up recipes, advice and motivation. The weeks you have lost weight your group really need you to inspire them. The week you have gained you really need your group to inspire you. It’s very hard to stay motivated and plan ahead for a new week when your entire focus is on just a number.