Here are the signs that they are ready.
Some parents dread the thought of potty training, while other parents are counting down the days to be nappy free.
Potty Training Guide
Whichever side you are on, the unfortunate thing is you don’t get to make the decision. It is all down to your little one and when they are ready.
There is no definite time when they will be ready fro potty training and each child differs, even siblings. It can range anywhere between 18 months and three.
The most important thing to remember while potty training, is to be calm, flexible and understanding.
Here are some signs your little one might be ready to start potty training:
- They start to dislike wearing their nappy.
- They tend to have a dry nappy after a nap or they do a lot of wee in one go.
- Their bowel movements are at regular predictable times.
- The tell you when they have done a poo.
- They start to show interest in the toilet and may even want to sit on the toilet or ask to use it.
- Your little one can pull up and down their leggings by themselves
- They have shown an interest in underwear and may even ask to wear it.
- Hiding when they are doing a wee or a poo in their nappy.
Call it mothers intuition but you will know when they are ready. Have all the supplies you need ready and when you commit don’t go back. That may confuse your little one. Best of luck with your potty training journey.