You need to have a think skin with a little one around
Who needs enemies when you have a toddler who willingly throws insults at you daily? He loves me dearly but my God this was a week for it. Criticised left, right and centre by a very opinionated three year old.
You wouldn't want to be sensitive.
- When I plated up dinner I was informed that it “this is not the best one”. That's toddler for “It's grand, I'll eat it like”. Well I never.
- I was going straight to a work thing after I dropped him off at play-school. I slapped on a bit of make-up and was feeling pretty good. As I kissed him goodbye he informed me that my face looked “very sore”. He was very concerned. Cheers.
- My mum got me a bottle of perfume as a little present. The very first day I wore it and my son practically shouted at me informing that “this is definitely not nice”.
- “You not doing the dishes later Mammy?” was a three year olds attempt at being subtle. He was right. They had been piled up for hours and I was having a lazy day.
- It was coming to the end of a really brilliant family day. Everyone was having a ball. At this point my son proclaimed that “this is the worst day ever”. When I asked him why he told me that it was “just too boring”.
- “You having another breakfast mama?”. Not any more. Crikey.
- He loves me “the whole world” but he loves Daddy “the whole world and back again”. It's not like I birthed you or anything mate, don't worry about me.
- And my all-time favourite. “Your boobies falling down Mama”. I've you to thank for that son. Pregnancy, birth and two years of breastfeeding. Thanks for the confidence boost though.
Written by Tracey Quinn, staff writer at Family Friendly HQ