In the meantime I am counting to 10 VERY slowly in my head
- Because I hoovered the living room floor. It was “so mean” and he couldn't even look at me. Go figure.
- Because I refused to let him dip his chips in to butter.
- Because add breaks are a thing. I can feel the dread erupting as Peppa & George announce that all is now well in their world.
- Because it was someone else's birthday. On Coronation Street.
- Because I said the words “feeding time at the zoo”. A 7pm screaming marathon because we were not in fact going to the zoo.
- Because Daddy poured milk in to his cup of coffee. A protest, lecture and screamathon followed and “my milk” was the general point being made.
- Because someone got off the bus when “he's not allowed Mammy”.
- Because it's “not holidays any more”. I feel you son.
- Because I found him during hide and seek. Then because I didn't find him quick enough.
- Because I informed him of the cruel realities of life with respect to baked goods. The doughnuts, croissants and muffins in the supermarket are not there for his unlimited pleasure and taste test.
Check out her own blog at www.loveofliving.ie