Irish mum is back with more reasons why her two year old lost his marbles
- Because I put my hair in a pony tail. He repeatedly shouted “not that way” until I removed the bobbin from my hair.
- Because an ad for car insurance ended. I rewound it back three times before I eventually told myself to get a grip. Riveting stuff, that claims talk.
- Because I refused to let him shower with his clothes on.
- Because spicy food was spicy. He repeatedly told me “oh hot, spicy” as I agreed and told him that he didn't like that food. On three separate occasions he went back to prove me wrong. It was a bit devastating to be honest. A woman's gotta have her sweet chilli sauce though, come on!
- Because I wouldn't let him eat the sachet of sugar in a café. This was minutes after I realized that the “mmm gorgeous” chant was due to the fact that he quite enjoyed the first sachet he had found without my knowing.
- Because I mentioned that the washing smelt lovely. He over-heard and quickly roared at me “not lovely, NO!”. Like, mind your own business son.
- Because I took the “nom nom bar” off him. It was, in fact, a tampon. You know the brightly coloured packaging to disguise them in front of your co-workers? Yeah, they are not toddler proof.
- Because he couldn't fit two soothers in his mouth at the same time. If your not first your last mate. Try harder. (I joke).
- Because a leaflet deliverer saw our “no junk mail” sticker. He went to post a leaflet, noticed the sign and put the leaflet back in to his bag. My on-looking toddler burst in to tears. I showed him several take-away brochures and none of them made the cut.
- Because at 3am I wouldn't let him play with his train set. He woke up suddenly, demanded “play twains” and was off-the-scale devastated when I informed him that it was time to go back to sleep. The worst part? I contemplated it. Anything for an easy life.
Check out her own blog at www.loveofliving.ie