If you are planning a mid-term trip away this quick guide will have you sorted
- Two changes of clothes. One “just in case” and one with cooler clothes for when we land off the plane and he is likely to be hot and fussy.
- Healthy snacks such as fruit, oat bars and carrot sticks. This is so I don't feel too guilty when I introduce the....
- Unhealthy snacks that will keep him in his seat when the fasten seatbelt sign comes on. We've packed his favourite crisps, biscuits and TOCOLATE for when we need a quick fix when the inevitable toddler tantrum striked.
- THREE soothers. He still likes one to sleep and we have a track record of losing 1-2 soothers at times when we really really need them. I'm not taking that risk!
- Big beaker of his favourite juice and a bottle of milk to encourage a long (please child) nap about an hour in to the flight.
- €5 worth of cheapie toys from the local pound shop. Light objects that were inexpensive and small enough to travel with. A little packet of cars, a small colouring book and crayon set and some Fireman figurines. We plan to introduce these one by one in the hopes of keeping him happy and free from boredom.
- Ear-phones and a 5 episodes of his favourite TV show recorded and ready to go on our phones. They have been downloaded already so no need for WIFI. This one will be a life-saver.
- Nappies, wipes, nappy sacks, cream and all the regular everyday paraphernalia.
- Calpol and a medicine syringe – just in case teething or temperatures strike.
- A magazine for me.... wishful thinking but if 1-9 works I might just get five minutes to down a coffee and pretend I'm feeling relaxed.
Check out her own blog at www.loveofliving.blogspot.ie