To help you this summer, we have put together the best things to do with the kids.
We love summer here in the Family Friendly HQ office, but we also know how hard it is to keep the kids busy.
To help you this summer, we have put together the best things to do with the kids:
Swimming – Everyone should have a local swimming pool near them and if your kids love the water, swimming is a good way for them to burn off their excess energy while being fun too! Luckily, parents can enjoy swimming too and it is an activity for all the family.
Walking trails – There are many walking areas in Ireland that are fun and beautiful. We are spoilt for choice and a simple Google search will show you the best walking trails near you. Regardless of the weather, this can be enjoyed by everyone.
Days out – Depending on where you live there are some great places you and your kids can visit for the day including some listed here:
- Imaginosity in Dublin. It is a children’s museum and full of fun!
- Dublin Zoo is the one place that keeps all the family happy
- Aqua Zone at the National Aquatic Centre, Dublin is hit amongst water fans.
- Sea Life Bray in Dublin. Ideal for kiddies who love the sea and fish.
- Donadea Forest in Kildare. A beautiful forest for all the family.
- Fota Wildlife Park in Cork. It is incredibly popular and a wonderful day out.
- Cool Planet Experience in Wicklow. An interactive journey of discovery.
- Birr Castle and Gardens in Offaly. A beautiful experience of walks and parks/gardens.
- Belvedere House and Gardens in Westmeath. Woodlands and lake walks.
- Lough Key Forest Park in Roscommon. Lots of fun and adventure.
- Castlecomer Discovery Park in Kilkenny. Zip wires and woodlands.
Parks – From local and smaller parks to the more well-known parks, everyone enjoys a trip to the park. If you can bring a picnic, even better and luckily, there are plenty of parks to see in Ireland. The best thing of all, is that the constant running and playing will tire the kiddies out!
Cinema – Take a look at your local cinema listings to see what is on and keep an eye on specials for families. There are loads of great films out this summer including, Aladdin, The Secret Life of Pets 2, Toy Story 4, The Lion King and Spider Man: Far From Home to name a few. That ought to keep the movie buffs busy!
Family trips – Get everyone into the car and visit the extended family you haven’t seen in ages. If you can make a weekend of it, do and enjoy the time with family. The kids will love seeing their family too and it keeps up the good relationships between you all too.
Festivals – There are many “family friendly” festivals this summer and depending on what your child/children are interested in you could find the perfect festival for them. Keep an eye on your local papers for news about festivals near you.
Enjoy Summer 2019!