And we promise she will love you forever for it
- Make her a meal and spoil her when she needs it- She can be very tired even early in pregnancy so what better than cooking up a meal coupled with a giggle and gossip. What better way to spend an evening.
- Offer your services- Once the new bundle arrives she will have little time to do anything, but as her friend your support will be invaluable so she can get some rest. An offer to babysit is better than any present for a new mum. And if its long enough that she can wash her hair or get her nails done this is an added bonus!
- Help her shop- When you are pregnant, there is a LOT of shopping to be done! Buggies, cots, chairs, blankets, car seats, baby gros, vests the list is endless. Having a friend in tow help with the decision making and makes it that bit more fun.
- Stay calm and listen to her worries- There are so many things that women worry about when pregnant that may have never entered their radar previously like the birth or the health of their child. Lending an ear can be a great support and even offering a few encouraging nuggets of advice if you have been there before.
- Throw her a baby shower- We all love a good party so having a baby is as good a time as any to get her closest friends and family around to celebrate the impending arrival. It’s also a chance to buy the cutest presents for her.
- Letting her know you are there near the due date is piece of mind if her partner is away for a few hours. You never know if you will get that all important call for the hospital trip!
Check out her own blog at emmasmadjotters.com