In an instant you feel completely different. Your day and your life takes on an entirely new meaning and you have to re-evaluate.... everything.
Here are 10 Unexpected thoughts that entered my head soon after I found out we were expecting a baby.
- Everyone will know I am pregnant. I look pregnant. I know it's impossible this early but it is SO OBVIOUS. Must never leave the house.
- That food I enjoyed earlier. Was that me or the baby. OMG was that a craving????
- Make a mental list of all friends and family who currently have young children. OK, so who will I be able to relate to now.
- A brief moment of panic about my relationship and the fact that this is the last couple of months as two before we become three.
- Or FOUR. Oh my God what if we are having twins? (frantically googles facts about twins and timeliness for scans)
- A beautiful moment where I realize that for nine whole months I don't have to think about dieting.
- Randomly totting up costs of essentials like travel system and crib and inevitably feeling a wave of panic.
- Realizing that the tears I shed because there was too much milk in my tea, may just have been hormones.
- Googling laws regarding maternity leave and work. Sh** just got real.
- Figure out way to delete internet history as NOBODY needs to see what I've been googling for the last 48 hours. Nobody.
Check out her own blog at www.loveofliving.blogspot.ie