I found myself remembering wistfully once my baby was born.
- It was the perfect shelf for your evening cup of tea. No need for awkward bending over the coffee table. You like your tea right there where you can see it within easy reach. You'll miss that.
- Stretchy clothing were ridiculously comfortable. You have lost your enthusiasm for fitted jeans and shapely dresses.
- You pretended to be shy but being offered a seat on a crowded bus or train made you feel extremely smug.
- You were never alone. Even in the dead of night a reassuring kick or tumble reminded you that you always had company.
- You said you never would but you thoroughly enjoyed wearing those cringy pregnancy slogan t-shirts. They don't work quite so well these days.
- Having a baby bump made is much easier to say yes to that extra slice of cake.... eating for two and all that (I know, I know).
- It was a great excuse to avoid the hoovering, moping and many household chores.
- Being pregnant is for many a time to feel comfortable in their own skin. It's heavy, it's exhausting and we like to complain about it but there is something empowering and magical about knowing our body is creating life.
- It was a break from the diet and exercise talk that so often comes our way.
- Smiles from total strangers. Nowadays the smiles are directed at your beautiful baby. These are incredibly proud moments but those subtle smiles from passers by who notices your pregnant belly? It kind of had something.
Written by Tracey, mummy blogger and staff writer at www.familyfriendlyhq.ie.
Check out her own blog at www.loveofliving.blogspot.ie