Having a big sister or brother rocks!
- Advice/Knowledge- older kids have being there and done that so when in need of advice your older sibling can be a wealth of information. Worried about school? Bullying? There is no one better or experienced person to turn to than your sibling as they understand what school is like today and will steer you in the right direction.
- Protector- When in need of a shield your sibling can be it and will hold your hand if you need reassurance, and they will keep you safe at all times. You may argue or have disputes but your older brother or sister will still collect you from school and mind you, and if anyone dare hurt you well that person is in big trouble!
- Partner in crime- Having a backup is imperative especially when you want to go somewhere and your parents are refusing. With a little chat in your siblings ear they may help you get what you want, and plead with your parents for you to be trusted. And you know that special cup you just smashed? Well your sibling knows to pick it up and get rid of all evidence or to blame the cat!
- Support and Help- Not only in childhood but in adulthood you will turn to your older sibling for help, and they will always be there for you. Friends may come and go but your sibling will be on hand when you need a shoulder to cry on or an experienced hand with that really hard school project!
- Cool stuff- The older ones always have really cool gadgets and gizmos and if you are good and respectful of these items they might just let you use them now and again. There is also the hand me downs and what is theirs may end up as yours once they update their phone or tablet.
- Friendship and trust- In some cases you can have a lovely friend in your sibling and trust each other inexplicably, as your older sibling will guide you in life. If you are close in age you may share pals and mix in the same circles which is a beautiful way to hold the bond between you both.
- Shared history- In years to come when you both grow older you will never have to explain yourself to each other, if problems arise with your parents you will both understand as you grew up together. Your older sibling will take on the more responsible role and will continue to protect you as they always have. They will always be your past, present and the future.
Check out her own blog at emmasmadjotters.com