Because they absolutely do change but that's because everything changes
- Remember as a child you dreamt about meeting that special someone and “having their babies”? Eh you are DOING it. How bloody unreal is that?
- Sleep has or will never feel more beautiful. What's seldom is wonderful eh? Just like that you can now give your partner the ultimate gift and it doesn't cost a penny. An extra hour in bed, a lye in or an “I’ll get up with them” is worth more than anything money could ever buy.
- You fall in love with another person (and not in an unfaithful way). You recognise this person deeply but now they are a parent you get to discover a whole new realm to their personality and soul. Getting to know them is pretty amazing.
- Date nights are less frequent and for that reason they are enjoyed 100 times more. You know how valuable the time is so you soak up every word and delicious sip of wine.
- You've never laughed so much. For every stress and sleepless night there is a laugh out loud moment in your day. Children have a way of helping you see the funny side to even the bleakest situations. There are so many weird situations you find yourself in, but you're in them together!
- You appreciate the simple things more. Eating with two hands, a quiet house & that Friday night take-away. You enjoy these things so much more and it's helped you live in the present more. This is a positive thing for everyone involved.
- You need each other more than ever. Feeling needed and knowing that what you need is nearby is worth it's weight in gold. Nothing says I love you like a poonami dealt with as a team.
- You might even argue less. You've more to argue about but you're far too tired to get in to it. Less arguing is always going to be a good thing.
Check out her own blog at www.loveofliving.ie