I’m Tracey! I am a Slimming World Consultant in Tallaght but most importantly I am a Slimming World member. I have lost five stone following the plan and words cannot convey just how much it has changed my life in every single way. I was a comfort eater, a secret eater and miserably unhappy for all of my teenage life. Since becoming a parent something clicked for me.
I’m Tracey! I am a Slimming World Consultant in Tallaght
but most importantly I am a Slimming World member
. I have lost five stone following the plan and words cannot convey just how much it has changed my life in every single way. I was a comfort eater, a secret eater and miserably unhappy for all of my teenage life. Since becoming a parent something clicked for me. I want to be around for my son for as long as I can be. I don’t want him to grow up seeing food as the enemy and as a reason to hide his emotions. Slimming World has changed everything for me and I want to help others do the same.
Have you ever heard the phrase “easy when you know how?”. It really is true. When it comes to any healthy eating plan confidence is key. Understanding what you are doing gives you the strength to deal with the challenging situations that are inevitable. It then gives you more time to focus on why you are doing it. This is what helps you store up the motivation and willpower to push through the harder times.
The Slimming World plan is simple in nature but could you have developed habits over time that are getting in between you and your weight loss? Perhaps you have made some amazing changes
but these little mistakes could really make a difference.
- Are you getting 1/3 speed free food on your plate? It really is important. It adds to the filling power and satiety of your meal and reduces the calories without you even noticing. Speed food is incredibly important and adding a handful of peppers or onions may not quite be 1/3.
- Are you guessing when it comes to your healthy extras? Guessing is messing. Few people have the ability to guess what 40g of Mozzarella looks like.
- Are you avoiding eating out? Remember there really is room for those things on the plan. If you feel deprived the plan will be short-lived. You should never feel like you cannot enjoy a social life and still lose weight. A couple of tweaks are all that is needed.
- Are you “just winging it” day by day? This plan works best when you plan in advance and look ahead. It helps you get the most out of each day and feel in control.
- Are you focusing on how “expensive” healthy food is? Do you begrudge how much money you are spending on fresh berries? Just add up all of the money you used to spend on coffees and takeaways.
- Make one meal for the family and a separate meal for you? The beauty of Slimming World is that the food is suitable and adaptable for the whole family. Making yourself a separate meal every day is tough work and will get old eventually.
- Do you throw it all away if you have had an off-plan meal? The sooner you make peace with this one the better. Just move on and focus on the next meal. Guilt will send you on a downward spiral.
- Do you keep it a secret that you are following the Slimming World plan? That is entirely your own choice but could it be one of your obstacles? You might feel embarrassed to ask for certain foods or put yourself in certain social situations for example. Friends and family are usually more than happy to support you.
- Do you avoid staying to group and just weigh and leave? Group is where the magic happens. It is where you will pick up tips, recipe ideas and inspiration from your fellow members. It really makes all the difference.
- Do you only weigh in on those “good weeks”. You are missing a trick. Getting to group should be a weekly given. On the “bad” weeks you really need your group and on the “good” weeks your group really needs you.