How To Start The New Year With A Positive Attitude
The start of a new year is a great chance to get the next 12 months off to a good start. There is a lot to be said for “positive thinking” and many people swear by living in a positive mindset as it brings more positive impacts into your life.
Whether you believe this or not, living your life in a positive mindset is never going to be a bad thing. Stop your old habits and see 2019 as the time to set new goals and change your attitude if you want to. It is up to you after all.
Write down some resolutions and stick to them - not silly ones that you know you never will. Instead, really think about it and plan for something that you really want to achieve.
1. Start each day positively - Get up and before you let yourself get into a negative mindset make a promise to be positive. Adopt new values and read about positivity and mindfulness in books or listen to them on audio. Perhaps, have a listen or read while you are commuting to set you up for a positive day.
2. Get positive habits - Instead of thinking negative thoughts you need to train your mind to be positive. It is easy for people to get bad habits, but it is just as easy to develop good habits as well. Decide to eat well, drink plenty of water and get plenty of exercise which all help in a positive mental attitude.
3. Stick with people who bring you up and not down - No one needs toxic people in their lives and if there are people who bring you down you may want to consider them letting them play a role in your life. Friends and family should be supportive of you and help you to be a better person. They should encourage you to achieve your dreams and understand you want to spend time chasing them.
4. Celebrate the good things in your life - The little things in life matter so much and you should take a moment each day to be grateful for each good thing in your life. Celebrate if you get a pay rise and if you close a deal at work; feel happy. Don’t think negatively and tell yourself you should have got this or done more. You are doing great and pat yourself on the back for it.
5. Stick with it - Don’t give up on your positive mindset after a few weeks as it can take ages for you to see results from the positivity. It is about the “law of attraction” and though there are lots to know about this you need to be positive to attract positive things in your life. This means sticking to your guns and remaining committed to a good positive lifestyle.
Emma Hayes is a thirty-something mum of two girls aged 16 and 10, planting her right into the teenage and tween-age years! Follow her on Twitter at @EmmaHayes25.