How To Make The Most Of A Night Of Self-Pampering
Date nights are not exclusive to people in relationships. They can be anything you want them to be and there are no rules and regulations. You can have a date night with the person you are romantically connected with, with someone you’ve never met until that date or you can date your friends and children. A date night is a special experience with people you like to spend time with and believe it or not that actually includes yourself.
Dating yourself is extremely healthy. A lot of people are uncomfortable with spending time alone but you might be surprised by just how much you enjoy your own company. There are so many benefits to dating yourself. Why wait or rely on someone else if you want to enjoy an experience, visit a restaurant or catch a certain movie?
You are literally the perfect company because the date is completely and utterly on your terms. You can come and go as you please, order what you like and change the plans at the drop of a hat.
Spending quality time with yourself can be a very positive thing. You’ll happily do the shopping or clean the house when you are on your own but we’re talking joyful experiences that you deserve to enjoy irrespective of whether someone is around to enjoy it with. Funnily enough, a lot of people will notice that when they begin to enjoy their own company and build their self-esteem they actually attract the right person into their life (IF that is what they want).
We all want to feel good in our own skin and what better way to do that than with a night of self-pampering? Treating yourself to some self care, nice food and just because treats in your own home is honestly exhilarating. It is a breath of fresh air, a break from your regular routine and a brilliant way to recharge your batteries while showing yourself some self-love.
Here are some ideas for that perfect night of self-pampering. Enjoy a date night at home with the best company a person could ask for – yourself!
1. Let’s start with the most important thing, shall we? The food. Instead of the regular take away deal why not treat yourself to something special? The slightly more expensive Thai or the restaurant that has a takeaway option. Having beautiful food to look forward to is so exciting.
2. Fix yourself a special drink. It doesn’t have to be alcohol but do choose the “good” glass or cup. Pick up the nicest gin, tea bags or lemonade you can find. Sure, throw a fancy cocktail umbrella into it because YOLO.
3. Pick up a face mask. There is nothing like the glow that a good facial scrub and face mask gives you. You’ll feel amazing after it.
4. The dress code is... NEW. Treat yourself to a fabulous new pair of pjs, loungewear or a robe of some description. Is there anything like the feeling of fresh pyjamas after a bath or shower?
5. Bath or shower? You decide. But let’s make it a good one. Pick up a bath bomb, light some candles or spend a little bit longer than normal in the shower. Tonight is about you so let your troubles wash away and enjoy a relaxing soak.
6. Fresh sheets all the way. Bath, fresh pyjamas and clean sheets is literally a recipe for happiness.
7. Pick up your favourite goodies. You’ve had a good feed dinner-wise but when you’re glowing and in those fresh jammies it’s nice to have a few goodies to pick at. Treat yourself to a box of Lindt chocolates or something you would love for someone else to buy for you.
8. Snuggle up and watch something lovely. A chick flick? Interesting documentary? It might even be reruns of The Kardashians – it’s totally up to you!
9. Ditch the phone and go off the radar or enjoy scrolling through social media as you snuggle up. The main thing is that you do exactly what will make you feel relaxed and happy.
10. Have an amazing night’s sleep feeling clean, gorgeous and full to the brim with good food and heaps of self-love.
Tracey is a happy mammy to four-year-old Billy. She is a breastfeeder, gentle parent and has recently lost five stone so healthy family eating is her passion! You can find her at www.loveofliving.ie.