It is “rampant” at the moment in childcare and schools
It is “rampant” at the moment in childcare and school settings so you might be able to relate to some of these things in the not so distant future.
- Initial thought was one of excitement. Like, what is actually wrong with me? It was a bizarre moment of excitement. A bit of pride that we had experienced another “milestone”. Quickly followed by number 2 (below)
- OK so this is not a good thing. We have to stay home for HOW many days? I have to take HOW long off work?
- I'll need to take out a credit union for all the lotions and potions that have been recommended to me.
- So who do I actually listen to. Aunt Mary is telling me to use Calamine lotion and my friends are recommending Pox Clin. Who will be less offended?
- MUST NOT GIVE NEUROPHEN (it's not recommended as makes the rash worse).
- So the words porridge and sock are not typically associated with each other but I'll give it a go. Fill a sock with porridge oats and run it under the warm tap. Supposed to be very soothing for the child to bathe in. Sure look, don't knock it till you've tried it.
- The words “contagious” and “air born” feel a little harsh when referring to a toddler. My poor baby.
- Vaccine thoughts. Should I have? Would I for subsequent children? A mix of questions, guilt and confusion.