If you have a stinky smell in your laundry room, there may be a simple way to fix it.
If your machine is smelling it is because mould or bacteria-laden residue has built up inside your machine.
- Mix together ¼ cup of baking soda with ¼ cup of water
- Pour into the detergent drawer.
- Pour two cups of white vinegar into the drum
- Run a cycle at a high heat
To prevent your smell returning:
- Carry out a monthly ‘service’ wash on your machine. This means doing a wash at a very high temperature.
- Leave the door slightly ajar between washes
- Don’t overload detergent as it will get stuck in your pipes and cause a smell
- Washing ‘powder’ is less likely to stick to pipes.
Liquid tabs are better for shorter cycles as they dissolve quicker