Did something just explode in your microwave?
Did you put a bowl of pasta in the microwave that spattered everywhere or have you simply not cleaned out your microwave for some time. The good news is that a microwave oven is very easy to clean.
- Wipe out your microwave to remove any loose food or large particles.
- Half fill a bowl with water and bring it to a boil in the microwave. This will take approximately 2-3 minutes.
- Add some lemon juice to your water before boiling if you have a smell you want to remove.
- Once the water has reached boiling point, turn off the microwave and keep the door closed for 5-6 minutes. This will allow the steam to loosen the food inside.
- Taking care, remove the boiling water from the microwave.
- Wipe the particles with a damp cloth.