It is the very best way to start each day.
It is the very best way to start each day and here's why you should make it part of your morning routine …
We have recently started every day with a glass of warm lemon water and it has made a huge differences for us.
- Warm lemon water in the morning helps kickstart the digestion process for the day by stimulating the gastrointestinal tract. As an added bonus, lemons are high in minerals and vitamins that help remove toxins in the digestive tract.
- Aids in Weight Loss.Lemons are high in pectin fiber, which helps fight hunger cravings. Studies have shown people who maintain a more alkaline diet, do in fact lose weight faster.
- It balances your pH levels and helps alkalise your blood. This is really important, as too much acidity in the body can be inflammatory.
- It cleanses the urinary tract by encouraging the production of urine, which means toxins are released at a faster rather.
- Lemon is very high in vitamin C, which helps the immune system and is great for fighting colds. They are also rich in potassium, which stimulates brain and nerve function, and controls blood pressure.
- The presence of pectin fibre in lemons helps set your body back from normal hunger levels.
- It clears skin. The vitamin C component as well as other antioxidants helps decrease wrinkles and blemishes and it helps to combat free radical damage. Vitamin C is vital for healthy glowing skin while its alkaline nature kills some types of bacteria known to cause acne. Since lemon water purges toxins from your blood, it would also be helping to keep your skin clear of blemishes from the inside out. The vitamin C contained in the lemon rejuvenates the skin from within your body.
- The antiseptic qualities of lemons freshens your breath by killing off bad bacteria in your mouth.
How to do it
To start your day the right way, sip on warm water (never scalding hot) with the juice of half a lemon. Also make sure you rinse you mouth with water afterwards, otherwise the citric acid can erode tooth enamel. Always use fresh lemons, never bottled lemon juice. Drink it down first thing before you eat a single thing, or workout, etc.
BONUS: try adding freshly grated ginger or a little cayenne for a boost.